For those who need them, BOOK DETAILS!:
Author: Sara B. Larson
Pub Date: January 7th, 2013
Page Count: 336
A lush and gorgeously written debut, packed with action, intrigue, and a thrilling love triangle.
Alexa Hollen is a fighter. Forced to disguise herself as a boy and serve in the king's army, Alex uses her quick wit and fierce sword-fighting skills to earn a spot on the elite prince's guard. But when a powerful sorcerer sneaks into the palace in the dead of night, even Alex, who is virtually unbeatable, can't prevent him from abducting her, her fellow guard and friend Rylan, and Prince Damian, taking them through the treacherous wilds of the jungle and deep into enemy territory.
The longer Alex is held captive with both Rylan and the prince, the more she realizes that she is not the only one who has been keeping dangerous secrets. And suddenly, after her own secret is revealed, Alex finds herself confronted with two men vying for her heart: the safe and steady Rylan, who has always cared for her, and the dark, intriguing Damian. With hidden foes lurking around every corner, is Alex strong enough to save herself and the kingdom she's sworn to protect?
So now that you know what the book is about, here are the details to the twitter party. Hope you can make it!
Here are the rules/tips/details for the party! Some are more important than others.
1. WHO: This party will be co-hosted by Nikki (@Nikki_Wang) and I (@NovaBlogder). Sara (@SaraBLarson) will be answering questions that you (the participant) tweet at them. So you might just want to be following us. Hehe, just a tip.
2. WHERE: Twitter.
If you don't have a twitter account, it is very easy to make one, trust me! And there are a lot of benefits! You can make a lot of friends and meet a lot of fellow bloggers/authors and book lovers.
3. WHEN: February 25th, at 7-8 PM ET. 6-7 PM CST, 5-6 PM MST, 4-5 PM PST. This will be a party for one hour.
4. WHAT: A twitter party is an hour-long chat with Sara B. Larson. She'll answer your questions, talk about her high fantasy, Defy. As well, you can talk to other people who have read/have not read Defy! It's all to spread the love of books and this one in particular.
5. PRIZES: We've got prizes for US/CAN readers but EVERYONE is invited! Prizes will be going each 20 minutes - there are 3 prizes. Check for Nikki's tweets because she will be hosting the giveaways. Winners/how to win will be selected at her discretion.
6. HOW: I recommend using a hashtag following site. I use www.tweetchat.com because www.twubs.com has somehow been glitching on me. (Maybe for you, it might be the opposite.)
Just enter the hashtag #Defy and then log into your twitter account to tweet. Also, if you want a reply, make sure you use the hashtag (using a site will auto put the hashtag for you). There is no guarantee we will check our Mentions.
As a pre-party giveaway to get you PUMPED about the party, Scholastic has donated a FINISHED copy of Defy for a lucky reader!