When I first started my blog, I didn't record the day I started. All I know is that it was somewhere in June. Since the 13th is my birthday, I figured, why not combine the two? That way it's easier to put a post together. [Can you tell how lazy I am?
So yes, today is both the birth date of moi and the birth date of Out of Time. I'm flailing because it's been some years and now I'm the big one five!!!!!!
|mandatory Taylor Swift gif.|
- I discovered 8tracks and it is magical.
- I started grade 9 and with the help of some super angelic grade 12's, my year was easy to get through and loads of fun.
- Shoutout to the cookies in the cafeteria and the energy drinks in the vending machine - you two kept me sane.
- I started writing poetry!
- I started wattpad again and even though I've been having a billion month hiatus, I'm proud of reaching 10k on a story.
- I wrote more music.
- Yes, basically I did a lot of writing.
- I made friends with so many people it's unreal!! Seriously, I just became some kind of social unicorn. [Butterflies are too mainstream.]
- Without notice, I stood up in the middle of the cafeteria [400+ students] and sang Blank Space for karaoke. It was such a rush omg.
- I dyed my hair purple.
- I'm two steps closer to mastering the art of the winged eyeliner.
- My grades are looking so good compared to last year.
- I've perfected the art of making fun of my teachers [as a joke] and not getting in trouble for it.
- I found the courage to wear bright colored lipstick to school and never have I once looked back.
- Mom, I'm happy to announce that I'm not doing drugs [like you were so worried I would be.]
- I started watching more shows - The 100, OITNB, Teen Wolf, TVD and I'm going to start iZombie because of recs!
- I went out with my friends more than once. [I am an anti social honey badger 95% of the time so this is huge.]
- I MADE COLLAGES IN MY ROOM AND THEY'RE SPECTACULAR!
- I'm learning Fur Elise on the piano and I'm in looooooooove.
- I met Jenny Han!!!!!!
- I got a bunch of ARCs from Macmillian, the unattainable publisher for so long.
- I started commenting on others' blogs and made a shizzle-load of friends.
- Out of Time became more of a writing blog than just strictly books.
- I got over 1000 comments on my blog this year alone and it's only June. WTF?????? I LOVE YOU!
- All the epic discussions on twitter - I see you.
- I've gotten a few Goodreads reviews deleted because I'm "reviewing the author" when I state reasons I don't want to read their book. I feel like such a badass.
- ALL THE 2k15 DEBUTS!
- I read my first Sarah J. Maas! [ACOTAR]
- I started the YOU Are Appreciated Project in light of all you awesome people.
- I started a bookstagram account.
- I tried putting gifs in my reviews and they're lovely.
- I did 3xAMA for the second year and it went off even better than I thought.
- People add me in their weekly linkups and I know it doesn't take that much time for one link but it makes me feel SO GOOD. You don't even know.
- I started doing book tags and guys, they are SO MUCH FUN. WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER?
- I WANTED to put a list of all the bloggers/authors who made my year but I realize that it'll be too long. Basically, if you've ever left a comment on my blog or if I've ever left one on yours, you're on that list. [And not to MAKE you comment on this post, but if you do, I will be writing you one of those TBH messages because I'm feeling ALL THE LOVE right now.]
The main thing I was trying to get in both lists is that I'm stepping out of my comfort zone. Last year, I would never have dreamed of wearing lipstick to school or doing photography. Now, I'm really grateful for all the support that's given me the confidence to do this kind of stuff. You guys are all appreciated. And I love you so much. Thanks for making this the BEST birthday so far, for Out of Time and myself.
WHY NOT GIVE STUFF AWAY ON MY BIRTHDAY? I love presents myself so might as well spread that love, ehhhhhhhhhh? [I actually don't even say eh that much haha.] And this is open INT. Most of my friends aren't even in the US/CAN so let's open this up like a present!!!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway