Okay, so in 2013:
I met a blogger for the first time ever! I got to meet Amanda @ Confessions of a Bookie Monster twice, Shannon @ Twilight Sleep, and Lori @ Writing My Own Fairy Tale. There's SO many more I'd love to meet in the future (like YOU!), but I can finally say I've met one in person.
I met my favorite YA author, Julie Kagawa, and she knew who I was!! That was definitely the highlight of my year. You can read more about it HERE.
I got to finally attend some book signings! I went to quite a few this year, including:
- YA2U event in Cookeville, TN (Beth Revis, Marie Lu, Marissa Meyer, Victoria Schwab, Megan Shepherd)
- #YeahYA event in Memphis, TN (Julie Kagawa, Aimee Carter, Karen Ann Hopkins)
- YA Beach Blast event in Cincinnati, OH (Julie Kagawa, Mindee Arnett, Aprilynn Pike, Liz Coley, Kristina McBride)
- Doon Signing in Dayton, OH (Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon)
- Epic Journeys event in Columbus, OH (CJ Redwine and Rae Carson)
- Sarah J. Maas signing in Cincinnati, OH
- Brandon Sanderson in Dayton, OH
- YALLfest in Charleston, SC (Tahereh Mafi, Myra McEntire, Veronica Rossi, Veronica Roth, Marie Lu, TONS more!)
As far as blogging, my highlight would probably be receiving my first ARC package from Harper. It made me feel all official!
I also met a lot of awesome new people online through blogging (too many to name!). And, of course, I started talking to the lovely Nova, who ended up being dubbed my bloggy niece! :D
Harper is so cool! For Canada, they have more ARCs but I have to wait closer to the release date. And all them signings, though. Jessi, you are so cool!