It has come time again for me to turn one year older. I don't know about you guys, but at
But let's get into the festivities, shall we?
Last year, I wrote all about the things I'd accomplished in the year but now that I think about it, that topic feels more like an "end of year" thing. So, as always with Out of Time, we'll be mixing it up [shaken, not stirred] and doing a day full of festivities.
Since I'm still in school [crying], I'm just going to try to bring a little sunshine to this corner of the internet. You can find a birthday post thingy on every single one of my social media and all birthday things will be different, meaning that I'm churning out content like crazy tonight. And look, it's only 10:23 PM! [I'm a heavy procrastinator - sixteen years old and nothing has changed.]
But, "WHAT?" you ask, is the topic of this post? Well, it's quite simple, really. I have sixteen candles and therefore, sixteen wishes. I know. I know. The old saying is that if you tell anyone your wishes, they won't come true. Well, that superstition never met anyone as determined and driven as me [let's forget that yesterday, I laid in on the floor with a little bit of cheese dust on my shirt] and I would just love to tell you about my dreams ; sixteen of them.
warning: this post got a little deep the more I got into it. I just... I have so many things I want to do and hopefully, time will slow down so I can do everything I
sixteen candles ; sixteen wishes
1. Fly. More specifically, travel. The city, the country, the world, the universe [if you have enough money, go for it!]
2. Go to your dream university. [Keeping quiet on this one for... reasons.]
3. Produce an album and sell it in any way I can.
4. Find a love so great it makes The Notebook look like an understatement.
5. Take pictures in every country in the world.
6. Graduate ____ feeling like I've done something with the time and money spent.
7. Give a speech on how we all have to love ourselves and how it's a lifelong battle with the biggest pot of gold you've ever seen at the end.
8. Attend a Broadway show and bite my tongue to keep me from singing along with the cast.
9. Attend a red carpet premiere [even if I have to hide in the bushes.]
10. Learn close up magic - and yes, I have to blame my favorite movie for instilling this desire in me.
11. Go back to my hometown with post-it notes saying, "Nova was here." Stick them everywhere so there will always be a piece of me in the city.
12. Publish a young adult novel. I'm little but I'm coming for the crown.
13. Do more charity because I understand it now, I'm poorer now, leave my door unlocked, it's pouring out. Mom always said "home is where the heart is" but I believe that "home has enough space for one or two more hearts."
14. Take a fantasy novel and using a black sharpie, edit the contents so the main character is now me and I'll be off slaying dragons. Call it a biography.
15. Pray more often - not for personal reasons, but for others who need it. Remember that the universe extends past what I can see.
16. Go to sleep before the stars come out because there is always tomorrow and I can say hello to them, then. Right now, I need your sleep for tomorrow's exam.
So now you know my dreams. With this knowledge, I do hope you'll be cheering me on [or at least, giving me a grudging pat on the back] and I hope I'll find myself contented with what I've done with my life. My birthday, truth be told, is not that big of a deal - it's just a date. What is a big deal, to me at least, is being able to share memories with you guys, being able to thank you for your kindnesses and being able to...
GIVE AWAY STUFF!!!
So, I love to end things with a BA-BANG and this giveaway is heaps of lovely.
First giveaway is $35 to any bookstore of your choice! I just recommended Amazon to US and TBD to INT because of pricing but I'm really open. I'm so excited to see what the winner will pick, there are so many great books... coming out this year alone!
Giveaway #2 is brought to you by Brittany! Thank you SO SO MUCH, it is incredibly kind ;
Giveaway #3 is on twitter so hop over there to see! *hint hint* it's a preorder of my MOST ANTICIPATED of 2016! [Giveaway will go up sometime in the afternoon.]
***ONCE GIVEAWAY IS UP, TWEET WILL BE EMBEDDED HERE*