I've always felt so grateful to the authors that take the time to connect with me through social media. In my mind, I'd always thought they were on an unattainable level. In this event, I want to get to know the authors; to see them for the people they are and not just as creators of your favorite book.
Note: For each post, links are left to the author's social media. If you know an author whose book has affected you [in my event or just in general,] please use one of those links and leave a nice message to them! Something as simple as "I'm such a huge fan of your work" can go a long way - you'd be surprised.
For a full definition, the author schedule [and a fabulous opening giveaway,] click here.
Anna Banks is the author of a bunch of crazy awesome books! Her newest, Joyride will be coming out soon. And here today, she's got 10 [crazy!] facts about teenage her. WHOA!
2) My dad died when I was 14. This changed me a lot. I became withdrawn, didn’t want to hang out with my friends anymore, and I started to write stories to escape from my depression. This is where I began my love for writing.
3) I stole a car when I was 12. Yep, seriously. My friend and I drove it across 3 state lines, all the way into New Orleans. Then we decided that New Orleans was a tad too scary for us, so we headed home, crashed the car, and got arrested. They put us in jail cells and fed us cornflakes while our parents made the trip to get us somewhere in the armpit of Mississippi. That experience is, in part, how I came up with JOYRIDE, my novel releasing in June this year.
4) I was a prankster. I love scaring people but jumping out of a hiding place and screaming them. My goal was always to make someone wet themselves. Never happened. I still scare people today, whether it be random shoppers in the grocery store, my family, or unsuspecting pedestrians that I beep at. I also love bumping into people wearing camouflage and saying, “Excuse me, I didn’t see you there.” Most of the time they don’t get it though.
5) I was a straight A student. Despite skipping school, stealing cars and being a delinquent in general, I still managed to pull good grades out of my magic hat. In middle school I was teacher’s pet. In high school…Not so much. They seemed a little irritated that I could miss so much of their class and still make an A in it. Heh.
6) I was a serial dater. Like, I had one boyfriend one week and the next another. It was always just puppy love or whatever, never serious relationships or getting too physical with them. It was holding hands and writing each other notes and walking to class with them. Now I look back and think, “Wow, simmer down, teenage me.”
7) I once convinced the head cheerleader I was a witch and had cast a spell on her. I was sent to the office at school where I denied the entire thing, but they made me take regular sessions with a guidance counselor, which was fun, because it got me out of class a lot. I’d always try to find something in depth to talk about so I could skip geography entirely.
8) I was a waitress when I was 17 at a restaurant called PoFolks, another experience that helped shape JOYRIDE into what it is. Part of our job was enhancing the southern atmosphere of the place, so we greeted tables by saying “Howdy, y’all!” I’ve said y’all ever since. *cringes*
9) As a waitress, I once poured a bowl of hot chicken and dumplings in a customer’s lap for being disrespectful to me. I told the manager it was an accept, but the customer and I knew what was up. Heh.
10) I was 13 when I got my first kiss. Now I know that I was too young for a first kiss at that age, but it was still amazing
Anna's life sounds like a YA novel. Somebody make this happen! The serial dating one made me laugh so hard because Blank Space.
Enter the giveaway below!
Thanks for checking out my blog and remember: Be kind to one another. - Ellen
Want more fun? Check out the other authors featured here.
New York Times Bestselling author of The Syrena Legacy series.
Grew up in a town called Niceville. No, seriously. I graduated from Niceville High School. So did J Lo's second husband. And the guy that plays Aqua Man on Smallville dated my best friend.
Now I indulge my tendency to lie by writing the lies down and selling them to publishers. Well actually my agent sells it, so she's an accomplice to lies. One of my lies is called OF POSEIDON. The sequel is called OF TRITON. The last and final installment is OF NEPTUNE, and it released May 13, 2014. Be on the lookout for JOYRIDE, my YA Contemporary out June 2, 2015--Bonnie & Clyde meets Latina Pretty in Pink!
And um. I also write adult fiction under pen name Anna Scarlett. One of the adult lies is DEGREES OF WRONG.
That is all.
WHOO! Thanks so much, Anna :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway